Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members Rides
bad light

Posted by cautionlap on 22 Jun 2007

in
Members Rides

Viewed 2305 times
1024w X 768h
106528 bytes
ACD Menu
  Main Menu
   Home
   Forums
   Downloads
   ACD Calendar
   ACD Links

Member Gallery
   GV250 Mods
   GV650 Mods
   JP Spyder Mods
   Articles
   Reviews
   The Lounge

The Long Ride
   In Memorium

Qwik Links
   Hyosung Korea
   Hyosung Aus.
   Hyosung U.S.A.
   Hyosung Canada
   KYMCO Global
   KYMCO U.S.A.
   Royal Enfield
   Royal Enfield U.S.
   Moto Guzzi
   QLINK Motors
   Johnny Pag
   CFMoto (slow)
   CF Moto - US

Friends Of ACD
   Manufacturers
   Dealers
   Helpful Sites

ACD Language Tools
   Espa?ol
   Fran?ais
   Deutsch
   Portugu?s
   Русский язык
Recent Topics
[Today at 09:03:21 AM]

[Today at 08:47:20 AM]

[Today at 08:47:11 AM]

by Jae
[Today at 07:40:56 AM]

by Jae
[Today at 07:27:08 AM]

by Jae
[Today at 07:21:19 AM]

by Jae
[Today at 07:17:19 AM]

by Jae
[Today at 07:05:20 AM]

[July 21, 2014, 10:21:46 PM]

[July 21, 2014, 07:38:35 PM]
Member Articles
Article Submission

Translate!
Im Translator, Online translator, spell checker, virtual keyboard, cyrillic decoder
Member Quotes
What a friend we have in Jesus...Christ Almighty, what a Pal.... -- Tom
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Kikker Hardknock Bobber  (Read 59669 times)
Thisisbump
ACD Regulars
Gold Member

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2008, 08:29:33 AM »

spyde im with u cant wait for the barhog...maybe if i had a lot of money to throw around i'd get this to play with but out here in NJ its not legal soo..niether are those 3/4 choppers as far as i know had a big deal tryin to get one of them legalized here eventally gave up bought my sportster then found this site n johnny pag.
CharmCityChris
ACD Regulars

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »

The 200 cc version should be legal in NJ.
Thisisbump
ACD Regulars
Gold Member

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »

not sure about those ones,still i'd wanna c a dealer out here in NJ taggin n tittling them b4 i went about doing it myself n would still prolly buy from the dealer..I miss riding i never fully made my sportster street legal as far as blinkers lol n i needed a new set of rubbers.. Grin now it seems that a gasket sheered off on one of the heads n wont hold the compression i suppose. it's an 89 after all i got a couple of days of riding outta her she cost me a G note.unfortantlly im not working right now so she is gonna sit..lol gonna try my hand at selling cars.would love to end up in a custom bike shop though learning the ropes working with my hands but that would take some schooling though lol.still i think ill go with the barhog wish we had some updated pics.
Thisisbump
ACD Regulars
Gold Member

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »

I know future classics had the 110 cc models i believe an i was told nothing u can do with those to b legal (NJ)..now u have me wondering about the 200cc models n will things change with them if so just like my future barhog purchase i'll come to future classics for both..lol sadly though im sure they wont be an to think i have the chance to move to st petersburg florida where i believe itd b no problem..i plan to stay here in NJ insted of have to pay rent n not have funds to get the things i enjoy.yes i'd rather stay in NJ an be able to get a new bike n ride lol.not sure about the crime out there either so.just sucks i feel knocked down by life atm lolbut i guess thats fine for life to knock u down its when u let it keep u down that matters!
Thisisbump
ACD Regulars
Gold Member

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »

well ive been floating around the kikker forum seeing whats being said for NJ not to much everyone seems to think it can be legalized there but just like dealers like future classic say,no dice except shaved dice i.e illegal which is wrong lol heres something i came across while looking for nj facts i posted it on the kikker forum they claim it doesnt apply to kikkers but thats bs cause no matter what it's still a 3/4 hence a mini anyway heres the quote n im leaving the typo in for obvious funny reasons here goes.

NJSA 39:1-1 has been amended to regulate mini-motor scooters. It is now unlawful to operate a mini-motor scooter on highways, streets, sidewalks, and in certain cases public property or lands. There is no provision against operating a mini-motor scooter on private property so long as owner permits. Mini-motor scooters will include pocket bikes, super pocket bikes, cooters, mini scooters, sport scooters, mini choppers, mini motorcycles, motorized skateboards and more. See statute NJSA 39:1-1 for fines of violations.

Joseph V. Leone, Esq.
Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas, LLP
jleone@hoaglandlongo.com
732-545-4717

thats it...now i dunno if u find one with a tittle in another state if u can carry it over in NJ or not im thinking if the vin doesnt showup in nj dmv's database that may throw a red flag there used to b a site where u could enter 3 digits from the mso i believe an it would show wether that company registered in the specific state u were looking for.I was told if they didnt then its a no go

but hey maybe  can buy a bike n send it for epa dot an crash testing all around safety spend a buttload of money n still need to buy a second bike to have since the first one would b donated away coulda just built one thats all ready legal for that cost n bother
but what do i know..im only basing that statement off of companies that have brought nissan skylines over not the new ones scheduled for release here in 2009-2010?? soOo yes it sucks n prolly will never b legal shame though cause theres money to be had if it was  Roll Eyes
CharmCityChris
ACD Regulars

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2008, 01:29:47 PM »

My buddy has a bobber, and it is the same height as the kickker. It was made from a 04 sportster.

I didn't think hight mattered, only engine size.
Jae
Administrator

Top Box Mafia Defector

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »

yeah, considering how many custom frames are out there, i'm not sure how you'd determine what's "full-size" or "3/4 size" unless it was very obvious that it's a mini-bike.  in fact, i'd bet the kikker's bigger than most scooters that are street legal.
CharmCityChris
ACD Regulars

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »

man NJ is starting to sound like Colorado. I heard they had crappy laws too.

I have a summer home in South Jersey (Wildwood), and I see people ride around with scooter all the time. The same for Ocean City Nj, Atlantic City, and all the other beach towns.

Now in Ocean City Md, there are scooter rental places on every corner, and as long as the scooter is not over 50cc, you don't need a tag. that goes for anywhere in MD.

My friend has about 8 scooters, ranging from 50cc to 250 cc. He does everything you can do to improve all of them, and his 50cc scooters run like a 90cc.

All of his scooters have the 50cc tag, and he has never been bothered. As long as you don't register them, police can run the vin and all that comes back is "clean"

Thisisbump
ACD Regulars
Gold Member

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2008, 01:46:11 PM »

ic ic maybe a well known scooter company that actually went through with full registration to the state.. ya know? im lookin at the 200cc as it is anyway an ya i know theres plenty of different sized frames..its that mso n the fact of did the register with NJ or not chances are not cause they are strongly against any sort of kit bike an stuff like that cost some $$..only time will tell ill keep looking around the kikker forums to c if anything changes but i figure the dealers here selling the few they have would of figured out something by now.till i c different ill just keep the barhog in mind which im thinking we wont c new pics of until biketoberfest Huh hehe anyways good luck to your redskins this sunday man my titans will b playing at the same time.
micks customs

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »

i have been a dealer for Kikker 5150 for 2-1/2 years and ive gotten all of the bikes ive sold licensed including new jersey. alot of people done do the research and just walk into the dmv with a receipt. they give up easily. i do all of the research for them and just send them the paperwork to fill out. its possible in every state if you have the know how. check out the new 200cc hardknock its a real bike. ill post some pics so you guys can see what is possible with the hardknock. they are alot of fun. theyve just gotten some bad reviews from people who were upset about waiting a long time for orders. the dealers network is strong now and bike orders are quick, usually about 5 days from when the order is placed, last summer was just crazy, the chinese scooters were on back order too, gas prices and these being such a great deal is the cause for the high demand. anyone thinking of getting one should, theyre an attention getter for sure and built strong. theyre just alot of fun. ok im done rambling check out the pictures and ym web site if you want. i give $500 of upgrades with every 200 hardknock order, nobody else can beat my prices.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

The views expressed by individuals are the views of those individuals only and do not represent those of the Owner or Staff of AlternativeCruisers.com. All original content copyright AlternativeCruisers.com 2005-2011.