Close to Buying CF Moto V5

(1/2) > >>

sambucaro:
OK I know I am driving all of you nuts. Deal is, my husband has no interest in it, and I do not know a lot about mechanical issues, so I need something reliable. I hear a whole lot of mixed reviews about the V5. From it's great to it doesn't start, to cables needing replacement after only 100 miles...so what is the deal? Did the earlier models (like 2006) have issues and they worked out the kinks or are there still issues? I really want to hear from the riders, not dealerships per say. No offense, this is a huge chunk of money and I want to be happy with my decision. I have thought about a regular motorcyle, but not sure if I want to deal with a manual shift. Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts!

lmbrguy1950:
My wife didn't want to deal with the clutch and shifting either,that's why i bought one of these for her. Unfortunately at 300 miles she decided that she wanted a bigger bike , so in staying with the no shifting thing,i bought her a 750 Ridley. I rode the bike several times and it always felt solid and easy to control. I'm 250lbs and have cruised easily at 70 mph with throttle left over. Since the bike is water cooled the engine should last a long long time. If you don't want to shift and you want a full sized bike in this price range,this is about as good a bike as you will find. I wish i had more miles on this bike so i could shed more light on its longevity but maybe some of the other members that have more miles on their bike will comment.

Hyosilver:
It's tough isn't it.  I just took possession of my GV250 4 months ago after researching it for months and months, reading all the reviews good and bad. You can find positive and negative reviews on virtually any motorcycle and the V5 and GV250 are no exception. Listening to actual riders is the most help I found which is why I am here.

What the GV250 owners on this site had to say about the GV250, especially Sage, convinced me it was the bike to purchase and I am very glad I did. Vince seems very happy with his and he's getting good performance and great milage as well.

I did a little look around and found the article below. Its pretty impressive. It is another long distance ride by someone other than a dealer's husband (no offense Katheneid). I'm not sure I'd want to do it on my GV250 without something major happening to the seat   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have included the link to the whole page, including photos at the bottom of this post. 

Jul 13, 2010
Rating
   2,500 miles on a V5
by: Larry Brown

I'm up-dating a previous comment. I've just returned from riding my V5 2,500 miles across 2 mountain ranges, through 7 Northwestern states.

Averaged 250 miles per day... my longest day was 370 miles. I had to replace a drive belt in Montana. There was a stocking dealer nearby, so I was underway within 24 hours. The bike ran cool and dependably, getting 71 mpg even in the Rockies.

You don't need to spend huge bucks to see America. Saddle-bags, a top-case, a K-Mart duffle, and an improvised tank-bag turned my V5 into all the road machine I needed.

Larry Brown's rider original rider report and the above can be viewed here.

http://www.motor-scooters-guide.com/cfmoto-v5-review.html

ve14326:
All I can say, and I think most on here will testify to the fact I am correct is that probably nobody researched the first bike more than me...The V5 just ended up fitting everything I wanted...

It is an amazing bike, and well, all I can say is just wait...with a couple of weeks, I think everyone will be completely amazed with what I have...

When the customizing is done...I think it will truly be mindblowing...

Hyosilver:
Quote from: ve14326 on July 21, 2010, 08:08:57 AM

All I can say, and I think most on here will testify to the fact I am correct is that probably nobody researched the first bike more than me...The V5 just ended up fitting everything I wanted...

It is an amazing bike, and well, all I can say is just wait...with a couple of weeks, I think everyone will be completely amazed with what I have...

When the customizing is done...I think it will truly be mindblowing...

Yes, you sure did your homework, no doubt. Am looking forward to seeing the pix. It's a good looking machine on its own but  will look awesome with the BabyWing mods  ;D ;D

What do think? Does your butt have 2500 miles in it? Mine sure doesn't, I'm stiff after a 2 hour drive in a cage.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

The views expressed by individuals are the views of those individuals only and do not represent those of the Owner or Staff of AlternativeCruisers.com. All original content copyright AlternativeCruisers.com 2005-2011.