Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Happy Birthday!
Members Rides
Spyder Photo

Posted by RayRay PhatDread on 15 Apr 2009

in

Viewed 1281 times
1280w X 1024h
445683 bytes
ACD Menu
  Main Menu
   Home
   Forums
   Downloads
   ACD Calendar
   ACD Links

Member Gallery
   GV250 Mods
   GV650 Mods
   JP Spyder Mods
   Articles
   Reviews
   The Lounge

The Long Ride
   In Memorium

Qwik Links
   Hyosung Korea
   Hyosung Aus.
   Hyosung U.S.A.
   Hyosung Canada
   KYMCO Global
   KYMCO U.S.A.
   Royal Enfield
   Royal Enfield U.S.
   Moto Guzzi
   QLINK Motors
   Johnny Pag
   CFMoto (slow)
   CF Moto - US

Friends Of ACD
   Manufacturers
   Dealers
   Helpful Sites

ACD Language Tools
   Espa?ol
   Fran?ais
   Deutsch
   Portugu?s
   Русский язык
Recent Topics
by Jae
[Today at 11:11:13 AM]

[Today at 06:49:03 AM]

[Today at 06:37:13 AM]

[Today at 06:18:40 AM]

[October 21, 2014, 08:52:34 AM]

by Jae
[October 20, 2014, 10:57:00 AM]

[October 19, 2014, 07:15:29 PM]

[October 18, 2014, 10:23:50 PM]

[October 18, 2014, 09:10:39 AM]

[October 18, 2014, 08:21:35 AM]
Member Articles
Article Submission

Translate!
Im Translator, Online translator, spell checker, virtual keyboard, cyrillic decoder
Member Quotes
You can be only so ugly with out being noticed. -- ZarKilleR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: Review: 30 Minutes on a Hyosung ST7  (Read 43661 times)
dpetrick
Global Moderator

Ride till the snow flies !

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »

If I get to a Hyosung dealer, of which there are very few anywhere near, I will check it out.

Dave Petrick
Vulcan 500 Rider
GT Vantara
Certified Photographer
MasterTech
ACD Regulars

2007 GV650

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »

Nice review Bill. My dealer has one and they were pretty impressed also. Hope this gets them on the map with US consumers.

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
freakingirlie
Global Moderator

blah blah blah

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 08:19:36 AM »

Bill excellent review!!  You have pushed me to want to find a dealer and go check it out.  I know Roar has one, and I think they have customized the paint job on it.  But they won't let you test drive outside the little parking lot. 

Krakum - I have to say that not once was I ever disappointed, let down or anything of that nature with my gv250.  I always found the bike to be very graceful.  lol  I know men don't use words like that for a bike.

But anyway I will be hunting one down and going to check it out!

"Never Ride Faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly"

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!'

http://bridesbouquetsandbaskets.com
ACD_Bill
Administrator

Winged Member of the HS Club.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 08:31:52 AM »

Krakum - I have to say that not once was I ever disappointed, let down or anything of that nature with my gv250.  I always found the bike to be very graceful.  lol  I know men don't use words like that for a bike.

I have to agree for the most part. I knew what the GV250 was (i.e. a small displacement bike) going in so for the most part it always exceeded my expectations. My one complaint though, where I deviate, was always the seat. The GV250's seat is an utter disappointment.

freakingirlie
Global Moderator

blah blah blah

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »

. My one complaint though, where I deviate, was always the seat. The GV250's seat is an utter disappointment.

I have to agree bill about the seat!  My C50's seat is better, but not great either.  it is on my to do list though!

"Never Ride Faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly"

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!'

http://bridesbouquetsandbaskets.com
Mac
ACD Regulars

Uurppp!...

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »

...I am so mad at myself for wasting my time and money on the v-star 1100, the ST7 will walk away from it trust me.  And I feel fifth is stepped a lot higher than the GV....

Any thoughts at this point about how it will fare against the V-Star 950?  That's my other "new" consideration if the PC800 doesn't eventually happen... Undecided

And, hate to say it but have to do so...all of the photos that I've seen lead me to believe that the rear seat has no more room than the Piglet's does..and that just won't work for us.  Can anyone provide actual seat dimensions or impressions, as what I've seen in specs doesn't give me enough to go on...

Really, REALLY want to love this bike - but not sure yet if it's got the stuff that I need....

Mac.

1 Pitcher, 1 Saddle...URP...bag....whasa problem?
Heeey, now....you a Lucas exclectishun cum to fix my beer thingy?....URP!
krakum1967
ACD Regulars

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »

THe front is really spacious, and very comfortable, the back looked bigger than the stock on one my old v-star, I would say it is MUCH stronger that the 750 Shadow, I rode one this spring, and it is much stronger than a carbed v-star 1100, I know that for a fact, the v-star is a dog, sluggish, and cumbersome compared to the st7.  Bills "blip" description has to be experienced to put in perspective.  Trust, remember bill and I are simialr in height and inseam, but I am likely much heavier than Bill, and I felt that "blip" response he describes.  I know the EFI GV650 rates simalr in power to the 950 from the comparisons I have done, and the ST7 has more low end and torque that the GV650.

2007 United Motors V2C-650T Anniversary Edition (Bernice)
superduperdvd
Discussion Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 06:44:27 AM »

They must have tuned the engine right for low end torque.  The torque difference
at low speeds is probably what maked it feel so different than a GV650.   Nice review,
I will have to keep my eyes open for one of these.

Rich in Ohio.
2003 Honda VTX 1800C
Icedog
Discussion Moderator

"Tasted Important"..."I'm BATDOG"

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »

nice review thanks Bill (even if its not the style for me Wink )

"Every boy should have two things: a dog and a mother willing to let him have one" - Robert Benchley
Tracy
Gold Member

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »

I was glad to see your write-up Bill as I respect your opinion alot (mostly because it's similar to mine, but hey).  I got to see an ST7 on Saturday on my way to Mount Rainier and was VERY impressed with the fit and finish of the bike...and frankly I was expecting to see a disappointing attempt at the larger displacement classic cruiser I've been waiting for them to release for what seems like 5 or 6 years.  I've been on enough cruisers over the years that I have an unwritten list of things I liked and don't like.   The saddle is top shelf quality for comfort and the red ST7 I saw had nice red stitching to compliment it.  The tank tapered to match the front of the seat thoughtfully too.  Can't stand the squared off back of the tank with the front of the saddle sort of resting on it.  (I'm pointing my fingers straight at you Honda)  All in all I was glad to see it...doubt I'll get one but I've been rooting for Hyosung to do something right for awhile and by all accounts...they have.

If you give man fire you'll keep him warm for a day.  If you light a man on fire...you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

The views expressed by individuals are the views of those individuals only and do not represent those of the Owner or Staff of AlternativeCruisers.com. All original content copyright AlternativeCruisers.com 2005-2011.