Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members Rides
pic2

Posted by PainhammeR on 06 Jul 2008

in

Viewed 1051 times
1016w X 762h
179607 bytes
ACD Menu
  Main Menu
   Home
   Forums
   Downloads
   ACD Calendar
   ACD Links

Member Gallery
   GV250 Mods
   GV650 Mods
   JP Spyder Mods
   Articles
   Reviews
   The Lounge

The Long Ride
   In Memorium

Qwik Links
   Hyosung Korea
   Hyosung Aus.
   Hyosung U.S.A.
   Hyosung Canada
   KYMCO Global
   KYMCO U.S.A.
   Royal Enfield
   Royal Enfield U.S.
   Moto Guzzi
   QLINK Motors
   Johnny Pag
   CFMoto (slow)
   CF Moto - US

Friends Of ACD
   Manufacturers
   Dealers
   Helpful Sites

ACD Language Tools
   Espa?ol
   Fran?ais
   Deutsch
   Portugu?s
   Русский язык
Recent Topics
by Jae
[October 22, 2014, 11:11:13 AM]

[October 22, 2014, 06:49:03 AM]

[October 22, 2014, 06:37:13 AM]

[October 22, 2014, 06:18:40 AM]

[October 21, 2014, 08:52:34 AM]

by Jae
[October 20, 2014, 10:57:00 AM]

[October 19, 2014, 07:15:29 PM]

[October 18, 2014, 10:23:50 PM]

[October 18, 2014, 09:10:39 AM]

[October 18, 2014, 08:21:35 AM]
Member Articles
Article Submission

Translate!
Im Translator, Online translator, spell checker, virtual keyboard, cyrillic decoder
Member Quotes
I have to agree forums for the most part are the best. To paraphrase Honda 'You meet some of the nicest people on a forum.' :) -- ACD_Bill
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Completed installation of Dr. PUlley Clutch , Variator, and Slider weights.  (Read 2220 times)
myaerocars
ACD Regulars

Walking is just controlled falling .....

« on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »

Well I finally finished the install of the Dr. Pulley new variator and slider weights. Mileage is 4,200. I have pics if anyone is interested   or if they have questions. I got all my parts from WWW.BuggypartsNW.com.   Mike  does not sell Bikes but does sell the same clutches and variators and parts we use on the  CF moto and QLink bikes.  He is also VERY cool to deal with and has taken more time and interest in my bike that my dealer has!!! Grin
Also he has $5 shipping on most parts and ships really quick!!

My old variator actually had some  very slight grooves worn in it.... the belt was making it up to the top of the variator but you could see where it was riding at certain points.  I used the slider weights before about 1,000 miles ago since mine had worn spots on the rollers.

The clutch I added from Dr.Pulley since I got a deal on it from Buggypartsnw.com. I found that it required a small 1/8 inch spacer on the shaft to take up the slack. I also added the blue contra spring  on the clutch rather that the stock shorter spring. I did notice it seemed quciker from 30 to 60 now.  Cheesy Top speed seems to be about the same at 72 -75 mph indicated ( which is actually 8 mph slower).

My last belt before the  new variator  install only went about 1,000 miles.  Cry 
Still chasing a vibration at top speed  (indicated 70) that is annoying.  For me most of my riding is at lower speeds .... maybe it it s the nature of the beast being a  single cyclinder.  Anyone else dealing with a vibration they cant figure out. our is it just normal? I wish my dealer was close by... I'd go test ride a new one and see if it is the same on his bike.... Roll Eyes  The vibration is mostly at fully throttle and not as bad at part throttle.

Well that is all for now... stay safe.

Godspeed,
JON

2009 Qlink Legacy - my first ride.
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Suprebird clone.
1970 Ford Torino King Cobra clone - in progress.
Nate
Administrator

Sausage Fingers

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »

Singles do tend to get buzzy at higher rpms, just the nature of the beast to some degree. One thing to verify is to pull your plug and take a look at it. If it looks good I wouldn't be too concerned about the vibrations.

Nate
2008 Honda GL1800
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F

IBA#37834
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything." Charles Kuralt
lmbrguy1950
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »

Nate is right.they do vibrate a bit more........check your motor mount bolts for tightness as well.
myaerocars
ACD Regulars

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »

Thanks  for the tips  guys... keep them coming.  When my vibrations started last year, I changed the belt and the CVT rollers to the slider type. THat improved it 90% from what it was.  I still feel it in the gas tank, and in the floor boards at 70 mph. Not so bad as to make you loose your vision, but annoying.. 

I will check the plug... I put a iridium plug in it last year as well... about 2,000 miles ago but will check to see if it is fouled.

Since this is my only bike I do not have a point of reference as to how much vibration is expected. My friend with a Big Dog says that his vibration at 80MPH  causes the rear view mirrios to be pactically useless from all the vibration.  Shocked
Others with big V twins tell me similar stories.

Godspeed,
JON

lmbrguy1950
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »

Are you burning premium fuel?
myaerocars
ACD Regulars

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »

Always run Premium in my bike... maunal calls for it.  Wink ANother good suggestion!! Thanks!
JON

Dragon
Discussion Moderator

We have cookies....join the Empire today!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:55:09 PM »

Harleys don't vibrate...

They THROB.... Cool

Do a full bolt check. Particularly concerning the engine and the rest of the drivetrain.

I don't have Anger Management issues...
People just need to stop P***'ing me off. ;o)
Icedog
Discussion Moderator

"Tasted Important"..."I'm BATDOG"

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »

Harleys don't vibrate...

They THROB.... Cool

Do a full bolt check. Particularly concerning the engine and the rest of the drivetrain.

I think "shake" would be more accurate Tongue

"Every boy should have two things: a dog and a mother willing to let him have one" - Robert Benchley
ACD_Bill
Administrator

Winged Member of the HS Club.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:58:09 AM »

Did you happen to document your work by any chance?

myaerocars
ACD Regulars

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »

Hello Bill... Yes I  did take a few pictures of the process... the variator is pretty simple... as is the belt install. It has been covered  on the website of www.buggypartsNW.com as well as several other places. The clutch install is also listed there... but it was much more dififcult. 
I had to make a special tool to hold the clutch spring and HAD to have a a friend compress the spring while I loosened the 1 1/2 nut.   

The only problem I had was in the Dr.PUlley clutch.
The clutch did not sit on the shaft  as deep and required a spacer.  I had 2 made up.. one 3/32 and on 1/8 inch thick. Wihout the spacer, the clutch would move  "in and out" slighthly on the shaft.  This caused the cluthc bell not to engage fully with the shoes.

It is possible that my spacer is causing some of the problem: it sits inside the clutch were a snap ring residess. If the cluch is seated slightly off, it could cause that problem.

JON

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

The views expressed by individuals are the views of those individuals only and do not represent those of the Owner or Staff of AlternativeCruisers.com. All original content copyright AlternativeCruisers.com 2005-2011.